Friday, March 8, 2013

Review of One Good Earl Deserves a Lover by Sarah MacLean


Title/Author: One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels #2) by Sarah MacLean
Publisher/Date published: Avon, January 29th 2013
How I got this book: received it from the publisher as an egalley and bought myself a shiny finished copy

Goodreads summary: Lady Philippa Marbury is odd. The bespectacled, brilliant fourth daughter of the Marquess of Needham and Dolby cares more for books than balls, flora than fashion and science than the season. Nearly engaged to Lord Castleton, Pippa wants to explore the scandalous parts of London she's never seen before marriage. And she knows just who to ask: the tall, charming, quick-witted bookkeeper of The Fallen Angel, London's most notorious and coveted gaming hell, known only as Cross.

Like any good scientist, Pippa's done her research and Cross's reputation makes him perfect for her scheme. She wants science without emotion — the experience of ruination without the repercussions of ruination. And who better to provide her with the experience than this legendary man? But when this odd, unexpected female propositions Cross, it's more than tempting... and it will take everything he has to resist following his instincts — and giving the lady precisely what she wants.

It is no secret that I adore Sarah MacLean's books, they are on my auto-buy list, so I was more than excited to pick this one up! And guys, even with these high expectations I was anything but disappointed!

I LOVED Pippa. People think her odd, but she's just really smart and honest and straight forward and I loved that. I loved her scientific way of looking at things and if she'd been living in our times she'd probably have been a professor. And she named her dog Trotula, poor little dog.

And Cross made me swoon, as good heroes should. He's a powerful man brought to his knees by our odd little heroine and I loved how smart he was and that he just got her! He's very protective and has his secrets and while keeping up a front of being tough is actually a kind man who cares deeply about his family, even though he doesn't get much of a chance to show it.

Pippa and Cross together were just SWOON! Seriously, their interaction was always amusing and interesting and just filled with so much TENSION! The tensions was so stomach-clenchingly good! And they didn't even touch until about 2/3 into the book, GAH! They were such a good match intelectually as well and I loved that!

One Good Earl Deserves a Lover is a book that had me ignoring everything around me while I just read, staying up till 2AM to finish it even while I had a pounding headache I didn't even really notice until I'd closed it, this book was THAT good.
I can't wait till No Good Duke Goes Unpunished is released and we can read Temple's story!

My rating: 5+ stars

1 comment:

  1. I NEED TO READ THIS. I love Sarah MacLean, and this sounds like another incredible book from her!

    ReplyDelete