Monday, July 30, 2012

Mini Readathon Wrap-Up Post!

So I loved participating in the Mini Readathon yesterday!!! Thanks so much to Sarah for hosting!

Here's my wrap-up post:

1. How many books and/or pages were you able to read?
Around 300 pages in total, and if blogs count, a LOT more (I needed to catch up on my Google Reader, which contained over 300 posts...)

2. About how many hours were you able to read for? (Were there many distractions, breaks, etc?)
I think about 5-6 hours. I got distracted a lot by Twitter. Also, I really wanted to spend some time with my boyfriend cause we hadn't seen eachother much over the weekend.

3. Do you have any likes/dislikes about the 12-hour readathon, compared to a 24-hour readathon?
It's so much easier! 12 hours I can do in a heartbeat! The only thing I liked less was that because of the time zone I'm in, I was on my own for the first couple of hours of my readathon. During the 24 hour readathon I love knowing that people all over the world are reading at the same time as I am, it helps me stay focused.
But this could have been easily resolved if I hadn't had to work today, cause then I'd just have stayed up and read with the rest during a different 12 hour period.

4. Favorite and least favorite books that you read today? Favorite / least favorite challenges? (Not that there were many, but if you want to comment about any of the ones from past mini-readathons feel free to do so).
I really liked both the books I was reading, so there's no real favourite. I really liked the mini-challenges! They didn't take up a lot of time so they're a nice small break from reading :)

5. Do you have any suggestions for things you’d like me to do differently for the next mini-readathon?
Not really, I'd participate again if you host one! :)

That's it! I just love readathons :)

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ... too bad blogs didn't count for reading! I spent a lot of time on blogs as well ... still managed about 400 pages, but it stil seems small for a readathon. To me, at least.

    You're right about the time change ... I think there was 2 of you in a completely different time zone. At least the people in North America are somewhat close. I do like that for the 24-hour readathon it starts at a certain time, so EVERYONE stars at the same time ... that makes it fun.

    I'm happy you participated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right about the time zone thingy... I usually don't try to enforce a specific time because my readathon isn't as massive as like Dewey's with a ton of people, but I think next time I'll plan ahead and take a poll to try to get a general time frame that would work for everyone.

    Thanks for joining in! :-)

    ReplyDelete