Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Daisy Update (13)

Hi guys!! I didn't want to wait till the weekend to share with you the wonderfulness that was my weekend at sea with the boyfriend! :) Thanks for wishing me a good trip by the way!

So last week was sort of uneventful in that other than a tiny shopping spree nothing much happened. I went to get comfortable red heels, cause I don't have those yet and instead ended up with two pairs of flats. Yeah, I'm not sure how that happened either... ;) But I am really in love with them! And it was sorta allowed cause they caused as much together as the heels would have all by themselves :) (yes, I do in fact use this excuse a lot)

Then on Friday we drove to a small town near the beach where we rented an appartment for the weekend at a holiday resort, I forgot to charge my camera, so the pictures are all taken with my phone:


View from balcony :)


A DISHWASHER! Heaven in a cleaning device! It's somewhat silly how excited I was to see this in the kitchen ;) We don't have one at home...


The bedroom, and that yellow-orange glow is cast by the curtains in the skylight on a not so very sunny day. Yeah, that kinda woke me up at 5AM ;)


The 'pet' that came with the appartment. For the record: I do not like seagulls. Or rather, I don't like them this close to me. The stupid bird kept coming back, trying to steal our food and then proceeded to leave nasties on the table he just hopped on. OBNOXIOUS!


So the second day we did a little shopping and found a way to chase the bird off :) Here's the boyfriend being all dangerous with the water pistol, showing the birds who's boss! :D **


And then I could read in peace, my hero!

We kinda just chilled on Friday, went to the swimming pool and had a very nice walk on the beach. Saturday was spent exploring a nearby town, shopping a bit, having drinks in the sun and barbecue-ing on the balcony. Which we had to get at the last minute because we'd forgotten to bring an extension cord for the set we had planned to use. The weather was really nice and I even got a slight sun burn. On Sunday it rained for the most part of the day so we watched a movie, took a walk exploring the resort and had a wonderful dinner, this time with the extension cord the shop at the resort had :) Yesterday we packed up bright and early and came home again.

So, while we didn't really do all that much, it was nice to get away for a couple of days because it made us spend time together-together instead of at home where we also spend time together, but also do our own thing a lot. It was just nice and relaxing and we were both more laidback and there was no rush to do anything. I think we should do this more often! :)


Also, while shopping on Saturday we bought a new cover for the couch! The color is actually a lot brighter in reality and I'm slowly getting used to it. I really like it, it's just that my couch was green for 5-6 years :) Also, we totally got that pretty new blanket that's folded up there (did this so I could take the picture and not have you guys think of me as a slob ;) ) because I forgot to bring one and I just love snuggling up under one at night. Or any time of the day, really.

So, then I came home to over 400 posts in my Google Reader and a lot of e-mails and just SO MUCH TO CATCH UP ON. And the relaxed feeling vanished somewhat ;) And there were some nice books in the mail I had (pre)ordered a while ago, including The Prisoner of Heaven, YAY! And a signed copy of Shine, which I won all those months ago after the #TeamKilt madness from Karen @ For What It's Worth, thanks again Karen, I absolutely love it!!

In other bookish updates I finished some books, fell in love with the Hourglass series by Myra McEntire, WTF-ed at one YA novel you will soon get to see my ranty review for and DNF-ed 2. It was a pretty eventful week reading-wise.
Also, I got paid today and immediately went online and (pre)ordered 10 books... Yeah, I'm definitely on a ban again. Also, I'm running out of space on my shelves... But I feel all warm and fuzzy and happy, so I'm not too concerned by all of this.

This is my last week off before I start working as a real doctor on Monday!! EEP! I'm doing some studying to prepare and am trying to relax as well, cause the next full week I have off won't be until October.

Hope you all had an amazing weekend as well!!

**No birds were harmed, only gotten a little wet (or more wet than they already were) ;)

5 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you had a great weekend, my family has been hurting for a vacation since, like, two years ago.

    Anyway, the place where you went looks lovely! And Seagulls can be nasty little buggers, totally understand the need to chase them away.

    Also, ya for payday! and pre-order books!
    can't wait for the ranty reviews!!

    :) and yay for finally meeting The Boyfriend! I don't think I had ever seen him before :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to take that vacation soon!!
      And yeah, I kinda keep his and other people's faces of the blog usually ;) But he did make an appearance in last year's blogoversary post: http://between-thepages.blogspot.nl/search/label/blogoversary

      And seagulls, just UGH!

      Delete
  2. Your vacation looks absolutely lovely and relaxing! I'm glad you had a good time. And welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely little vacation! I agree that you should try to do stuff like that more often :-)

    And I love your couch! The colors are very pretty and it looks soooo comfy! (Kinda makes me want to go buy a new couch, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaaaaaaaaaa Vacation!! I just came back from Spain and it was amazing! I've been in Lloret de Mar and it was incredible <3 <3 lots of parties :P :P Enjoy Daisy!! :) ;)

    PS. I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award, you can find it here

    ReplyDelete