Monday, June 4, 2012

Armchair BEA 2012 Introduction Post!

Hi all! I decided to sign up yesterday (I know, really last minute..) and join in on the fun :)

So for today the theme is 'Introduce Yourself' and for those of you who don't know me yet, here are the answers to the questions posted on the kicking off post for Armchair BEA:

Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
My name is Daisy, I'm 24 years old and just finished Med School and am now a real doctor as I keep reminding myself ;) I got into blogging through the College Students group on Goodreads, our fierce leader Jamie decided to start a collaborative blog called The Broke and the Bookish and asked who would be interested in joining, so I immediately jumped at the chance. And that's what got me to start my personal blog as well.

What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?
I'm currently reading The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross, I'm almost finished with that one. I'd love to pick a favourite, but I've read a lot of books that I absolutely loved, so if you're interested, here's a list of my 5 star reads of 2012 so far.

Which is your favorite post that you have written that you want everyone to read?
I loved writing this discussion about Medicine and Fiction because it allowed me to incorporate two huge parts of my life :)

If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?
Definitely Jane Austen. I know, I know, been dead for a long time and all that, but it would just be wonderful to sit down with her and pick her brain about everything!

What literary location would you most like to visit? Why?
Hogwarts. As a student, I accept no less. I'd love to immerse myself in the magical world that is the Harry Potter universe and OMG, COOLEST SCHOOL EVER!

What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years?
My favourite part is the easy friendship that I've formed with some of the bloggers out there and I love geeking out with everyone over books I loved and just basically everything to do with reading. Also, it makes me feel less abnormal for reading so much. Basically I'm trying to say: YAY FOR ALL YOU GUYS!!

So that's my introduction! If you're participating, leave me your link in the comments and I'll be sure to check your post out! Also, if anyone wants to chat, I can usually be found on Twitter :)

27 comments:

  1. It is fantastic to make so many friends online, esp when they like the same books and get all excited over them! And there's nothing wrong with reading loads!
    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! :) I love reading this much, but most of the people I know IRL look at me funny when they hear exactly how many books I read...

      Delete
  2. Talking to Jane Austen would be amazing. I'd love to see what she thinks about how things are in our time.

    Glad you decided to join in!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I bet she'd be shocked at the 'courting rituals' these days ;)

      Delete
  3. Hogwarts is a terrific answer! I can't believe I didn't think of that.

    My intro post is here: http://bookslistslife.blogspot.com/2012/06/armchair-bea-introduction-lisa-books.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been waiting for my letter delivered by owl for 13 years now ;)

      Delete
  4. I agree, it would be fun to talk with Jane Austen. Even to gather her point of view about life today...sometimes, I wonder how much it differs when it comes to people's personalities, wants and needs. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think basic wants and needs are the same, but we just have so many more material things to want and a lot more options for women in terms of career and an actual choice in if we want to get married and have children.

      Delete
  5. Jane Austen would be amazing. I would love to know where she got the inspiration for all her strong female characters. I mean I love Darcy and the boys but really it is the females that shine in her works!

    Hogwarts is a wonderful choice! I would love to go take classes there :)

    Great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love Darcy, but Elizabeth shines so much brighter than he ever could! And taking classes at Hogwarts is my ultimate dream! :)

      Delete
  6. Yay to Hogwarts! and I love your idea of dinner with Jane Austen! That would be a lovely person to gage conversation with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Jane Austen. She would be amazing to have dinner with.

    Congrats on finishing med school. What an amazing accomplishment. I can't imagine how hard it is to maintain a blog and do that much studying.

    The Flashlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! During my internships I just tried to keep up on the weekends, but it's not always easy. But I love blogging, so I make time :)

      Delete
  8. congratulations, Doctor!!! that is a wonderful accomplishment! Much success to you!
    http://colormeactive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's fun to come across some other people my age who are blogging! I spent most of college pretending I wasn't a book blogger, so I think I missed out on some fun activity.

    Here's my intro post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep wishing I'd discovered the community sooner, because I absolutely love it!

      Delete
  10. I seriously think that you're my role model now!! I want to be a doctor when I grow up, but still want to have my love of reading, so you're already such an inspiration. =) Congrats on becoming a doctor!! Anyways... I'm reading The Girl in the Steel Corset right now, and I'm liking it! I'm looking forward to reading The Girl in the Clockwork Collar.

    It was fabulous getting to know you more, Daisy! Have fun during Armchair BEA. =)

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're so sweet!! Thank you!
      Steampunk isn't really my thing, but this series is so good! Glad you're liking it as well :)

      Delete
  11. Daisy!! I feel so stupid :/ I didn't know you were THE Daisy from The Broke and the Bookish!! LOL. I guess I was living under a rock. DOH. But anyway, I am so happy that you're participating in ArmchairBEA!! :) :) Hope your work is going well and that you're enjoying being a doctor! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I guess I don't broadcast it enough ;)
      And thank you! I haven't started yet, I start July 1st (or 2nd as 1st is a Sunday), am really enjoying my last month of vacation before real life starts up ;)

      Delete
  12. Great post, Daisy!!!
    I so forgot to do the Armchair BEA thing this year!
    And I didn't know about the Broke and The bookish, I mean, I have heard about the blog but I didn't know you were from there! :D

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I am ;) I apparantly don't talk about it enough ;)
      You could still join in I think! And otherwise there's always next year :) You participated last year right?

      Delete
  13. Nice to meet you! Congrats on finishing med school. I'd love to visit Hogwarts too (hoping to at least get to Harry Potter World in Florida one of these days, but that's not really the same thing). Enjoy Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      I'd love to go to Harry Potter World!! It's on my wish-list of places to go :)

      Delete
  14. Hi Daisy! I love The Broke and the Bookish site. I'm a new follower here. And I've heard great things about the Girl in the Clockwork Collar. :)

    ReplyDelete