Saturday, July 23, 2011

Silk Is For Seduction by Loretta Chase



Title/Author: Silk Is For Seduction by Loretta Chase
Publisher/Date published: Avon, June 28th 2011
How I got this book: received it from the publisher through NetGalley

Goodreads summary: "Brilliant and ambitious dressmaker Marcelline Noirot is London's rising star. And who better to benefit from her talent than the worst-dressed lady in the ton, the Duke of Clevedon's intended bride? Winning the future duchess's patronage means prestige and fortune for Marcelline and her sisters. To get to the lady, though, Marcelline must win over Clevedon, whose standards are as high as his morals are... not.
The prize seems well worth the risk — but this time Marcelline's met her match. Clevedon can design a seduction as irresistible as her dresses; and what begins as a flicker of desire between two of the most passionately stubborn charmers in London soon ignites into a delicious inferno... and a blazing scandal.
And now both their futures hang by an exquisite thread of silk..."

There were lots of beautiful dresses in this book! Gosh, it makes me want to go shop and just BUY beautiful dresses. Sadly, I'm a broke medical intern. So no excessive shopping for me. But I can live vicariously through this book! Seriously, the dresses sound absolutely stunning!

And if you wouldn't read it for the fabulous fashion (see, I can do alliteration), you could for the heartstopping romance! OMG, it was just so good! They are both amazingly flawed characters and I just loved it. They fitted together so perfectly and the chemistry was just... so good!

Clevedon made me swoon with his caring for Marcelline's little girl and for Marcelline herself. Seriously, it was a good thing noone was around while I was reading this, cause I had tears in my eyes and must have looked a little crazy towards the end when I just had to keep reading to finish the book before I had to leave for class.

I'd never read anything by Loretta Chase before, but I sure will again after this book! I so love me a strong but sweet male character and this book had one for me. Though his name did make me gag a bit: Gervase. Seriously, I'm glad we didn't get to know that until right before the end, because it took some of his attractiveness away for me.
But: really good historical romance! Go read if you enjoy the genre!

My rating: 4,5 stars

1 comment:

  1. You know, I tried once or twice to read the very famed Lord of Scoundrels by Chase, and I never got very far into it, so I kind of gave up on her as an "Author Not For Me" bu you just made me want to go get this one NOW! And I do need a book for my historical romance challenge, so I'll go check this one out!

    Thanks for the awesomeness of this review :D

    ReplyDelete