Friday, March 11, 2011

TGIF at GReads (1)



TGIF is hosted by Ginger at GReads!. And since I loved her question this week, I decided to participate :)

This Friday's Question:
Book Mourning: does this happen to you?
When you finish an amazing book, do you find yourself at a loss to pick up another one? What was the last book that left you feeling so bewildered? & what did you do to overcome it?


In one word: YES!!! Oh my gosh, I sometimes think it's unfair to other books when I've read one I was absolutely going crazy over before I read them. I haven't really checked, but it is likely that it affects the rating they get.
As in book mourning: I MOURNED the Harry Potter series. Seriously, I was so sad for a week after finishing the last one. That was bad. Oh, and the Hunger Games, I mourned the ending of that series as well. And His Dark Materials, that was pretty bad as well. Also, if I love a book, I always hate it when it ends. But I feel the sense of loss more when it's a series and I've invested so much and feel like these characters are my friends/family.

On a side note: I've mourned the ending of TV series as well. I LOVED Ugly Betty and was just staring at the screen in horror when I realised I'd just watched the last ever episode.

So what about you? Any books/series that you mourned after finishing them?

1 comment:

  1. I do the same thing with tv shows when they end too!! Most recently this happened to me when LOST ended last year. Holy crap. I couldn't believe it was all over. No more Jack? Sawyer? WHAT??!! It's crazy how passionate we get about stories, whether they're in books or on the tv screen.

    ReplyDelete