Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Top Ten Books I Resolve To Read in 2011



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the other blog I participate in: The Broke and the Bookish. We are particularly fond of list, so hop on over and show us yours!

This week's Top Ten:
Top Ten Book I Resolve To Read in 2011

Or rather: me trying to narrow down a to-read list of 591 books to just 10..

1. The Duchess of Devonshire by Amanda Foreman: I got it from my brother for my birthday (YAY!!) after having complained again and again that I couldn't get my hand on it and I vow to read it before my next birthday.

2. The Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson: or maybe at least the first book..

3. The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel: I've been putting it off cause I'm afraid I won't love it as much as my grandma did and I really want to love it. But I'm getting to it this year!

4. Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay: this one has been staring at me accusingly from my shelf for the last year and a half. I really need to read it.

5. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon: it's totally huge, but I'm reading it this year.

6. Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chevalier: I've loved 2 of her books and this one has been sitting on my shelf for forever.

7. If I Stay by Gayle Forman: people whose opinions I book I completely trust have been saying it's amazing, so I should give it a try.

8. Matched by Ally Condie: I've heard such good things about this book!

9. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins: same goes for this one.

10. The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss: well, given that it is actually published this year. I've been waiting for it forever and promise to read it when it comes out! (it would actually be harder to try and make me promise NOT to read it)

Some of those are guilting me into getting to them, while with others I keep finding myself saying that I need to get to them. I'll check back at the end of this year to see what I actually did read of the list.

What do you resolve to read in 2011?

8 comments:

  1. Matched is a beautifully written book, and Hex Hall is a lot of fun! You've got a nicely eclectic list here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know the TBR list will never really get lower right :-)

    Someone recommended the Clan to me also, not sure if that will be this year.

    My List

    http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/01/top-ten-books-i-resolve-to-read-in-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm, I guess I'll join you and say that I promise to finish The Tea Ros (I've owned it for 2 years) and my book set of Blue Bloods, which I got for my birthday last year :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! I read Outlander last year & really liked it! I also want to read If I Stay, Clan of the Cave Bear, & Matched.
    Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you will love "If I Stay" and "Matched". You will just be in time for the sequels for both books! Perfect timing, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a very eclectic list here. I enjoyed the Clan of the Cave Bears, years ago, and If I Stay two years ago. It is very popular in my library.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved If I Stay!

    Matched is definitely on my radar for this year, I've been waiting for a while to read it now and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hihi - Sarah's Key is staring at me too! :") And I am going to read Hex Hall, too! Have fun with your picks!!

    ReplyDelete