Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Top Ten Most Anticipated Books for 2011



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the other blog I participate in: The Broke and the Bookish, check it out and join in on the fun, we'd love to see your list!

This Week's Top Ten:
Your Top Ten Most Anticipated Books for 2011

Like Jamie, I'm only gonna list the books that are published in 2011.

1. The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss: this one NEEDS to be released this year! I've read the Name of the Wind last Christmas and it was AMAZING! And I so want to read this one, I'm crossing my fingers hoping that it will really come out in March 2011 (it does say so on his website, but still).. I'm first in line when it does!

2. Wither by Lauren DeStefano: the cover is beautiful, the story sounds really good, let me have it!

3. The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal: this sounds like a fairytale and I LOVE fairytales.

4. Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton: I've been excited about this one since I first read the summary on Goodreads, it sounds amazing!

5. Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky: I love dystopian novels and this one is set in a world where nobody leaves his house and does everything through the computer.

6. The Betrayal of Maggie Blair by Elizabeth Laird: I don't know why, but I'm always intrigued by witch trials and this one centers around that time in Scotland and it sounds really interesting!

7. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwabb: this one also sounds like a fairy tale.

8. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray: I LOVED her Gemma Doyle series and I'd be excited by anything she's written coming out. And it sounds like a fun read.

9. Delirium by Lauren Oliver: another dystopian, a society where everyone is 'cured' of love. Need I say more?

10. The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson: this sounds like my kind of book, it's the first book in a series and I love series.

That was hard! I have so many books I'm eagerly anticipating for 2011, only being able to list ten is.. kind of evil.
Four of the books on the list I already have waiting for me as galleys (where would I be without NetGalley), for the others I'll have to wait like everybody else. It's kind of killing me, patience has never been my forte.

Anyway, what are you all anticipating for 2011?

9 comments:

  1. Nice picks! Angelfire made my list too but took the number 8 spot. This week's list was a hard one but my number one: This Side of the Grave, was a given for me!

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads
    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got similar picks! I also have some Netgalley too. I'm trying to read what I have now before jumping into that pile. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m not as up to speed on the 2011 releases as I should be, but I’m seeing some interesting trends on everyone’s lists. Apparently I need to be getting really excited about Wither. My TBR pile continues to expand…

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome picks! I'm pretty sure I will be looking forward to Wise Mans Fear once I read The Name of the Wind LOL I have not read it yet :-/


    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read both Delirium and Awaken. Delirium is excellent, really enjoyed it and can't wait for the next one. Awaken is quite good too, not sure whether or not to expect a sequel! I'm guessing so though, the way it was left. Hope you enjoy them both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just coming over to your blog and seeing The Wise Man's Fear at the top gets the anticipation going. I'm crossing my fingers too! Have you checked out his other book (The Princess and Mr Whiffle)?

    You have so many other good listed, especially the dystopia ones, looks like I'm going to be adding more to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, we share a few here! I didn't put it on my list but I am looking forward to The False Princess as well (I am a sucker for princess stories, I'll admit it :D)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice top 10! Wither made mine too!

    Check out my list here!

    ReplyDelete