Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Top Ten Fictional Crushes



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish, check it out and join in on the fun, we'd love to see your list!

This Week's Top Ten:
Your Top Ten Fictional Crushes

So this week it's time to confess and tell you all who I have a secret crush on, just don't tell my boyfriend!

1. Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice: ok, so this one is a given (and probably one even my boyfriend knows about ;) ). I rant about him and this book all the time, and I will say again that I love him and would have said HELL YES! if he proposed to me instead of Elizabeth, using beautiful words and looking like Matthew McFadyen did in the movie...
Ok, moving on.

2. Peter Pan: I think this was my first fictional crush ever, I've loved him ever since I was about 7 years old and he will always have a special place in my heart, even if I've since moved on to a bit more sophisticated men. He has such an amazing spirit and I have always wanted to be able to fly.

3. Sirius Black from Harry Potter: I have a crush on the version I have in my head of him as a younger man, a loyal friend and big shaggy dog (I can't help but love his Animagus form). He's probably the reason I read Harry Potter fanfiction years and years ago, because many focused on the Marauders when they were in Hogwarts.

4. Aragorn from Lord of the Rings: how I love him and his quest to get back what is rightfully his! Even before the movie came out I had a crush on him and I always picture him as tall, dark and handsome and very kind and mysterious.

5. Kartik from the Gemma Doyle series: Kartik sounds beautiful and I love his character. Everything about him is so tragic I couldn't help but fall in love with him.

6. Kade from the Glass series: he's a stormdancer! That is just the coolest thing I've ever heard and it sounds totally sexy! I've already ranted about this here.

7. George from the Song of the Lioness quartet: he is the King of Thieves and he's incredibly sweet and trustworthy and handsome. I tend to fall for the sweet bad boy for some reason.

8. Owen from the Enchanted Inc. series: he's an extremely powerful wizard who doesn't know how to handle himself around the woman he likes and he's totally handsome, doesn't realise this and is shy, which is just adorable.

9. Mr. Knightley from Emma: my second favourite Austen man, I would have said yes if he proposed as well.

10. Robin Hood: I even have a crush on the fox version of him Disney created. Robin is another one of my childhood crushes and I wanted to live in a treehouse with him and help him steal from the nasty rich people.

I've noticed all my men except for Peter are tall, dark and handsome... I think I have a type :)

20 comments:

  1. Omg I loved the Disney version of Robin Hood with the Foxes! Damn now I want to watch that movie! Great list!
    Following you now :)


    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list :) I love Sirius as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. Robin Hood is a solid choice. I didn't even think of him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So thrilled to see that everyone is agreeing about Darcy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I like Sirius Black, too!! :")

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to know I'm not the only one who has a thing for Robin the fox! ;) (I adore Fox from The Animals of Farthing Wood too, there's just something about these animated foxes...) And we completely agree on Aragorn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with George but Numair always gets my vote!

    Ali @ Vorvolaka

    ReplyDelete
  8. My love of Sirius Black totally stems from my infatuation of him in his Hogwarts / First War years, seriously. I've built him up in my head that I'm so sure JKR would ruin my image if she actually gave him a complete bio. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you pictured Mr. Rochester as super hairy – that made me laugh so hard! :D I could see how that could happen, his complexion is described as 'swarthy' so maybe that was part of it?

    Anyway, yay for Mr. Darcy and Mr. Knightley (and Mr. Tilney! LOL I just love Austen heroes). Particularly liked Knightley played by Jeremy Northam...he does such an amazing job, he's perfect as Knightley. (And he's really handsome which helps :D)

    Aragorn & George are great choices too! Awesome list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for Mr. Knightley! A winner, if there ever was one. :-)

    On Halo, I probably won't read the sequel unless someone sends it to me. Bethany wasn't my favorite person. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh! Aragorn and the fox version of Robin Hood...me too!! And Po, from Graceling. He's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If only Sirius Black's hair wasn't so stringy...guess it's hard to wash when on the run from dementors.
    This meme has just rekindled my crushes on the guys on my list. sigh!
    -Anne
    http://headfullofbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Darcy, Kartik, and Aragon! Great choices there, Daisy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, I always imagine Darcy as looking like Matthew Macfadyen ever since the newer P&P. What a hunk! Teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really really really need to read Pride and Prejudice. The book seems to come up quite often on our weekly lists! I think I have a slight crush on Kartik. I've only read A Great and Terrible Beauty so I could change my mind in the other books.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! I can't believe I left off Robin Hood!!
    Sirius Black was a favorite of mine as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like Mr. Knightly too--he almost made the cut for my list;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I thought I'd see Sirius a lot more than I did this week! He seemed to be the one everyone loves (besides Draco, ugh) back in the day. :) Nice list. Haha, I mentioned on someone else's blog that Darcy would have quite the harem if he were around today. They'd probably be able to fashion a reality show competition of some kind out of it - "Who Want to Be Mrs. Darcy?"

    Nice list! Knightly's underrated, but he's another classic.

    I can't remember, was George in the Trickster books as well? Was he Alanna's husband? If so, I was pretty fond of him, too. If not, lol nevermind...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been dreaming about Darcy alot since Tuesday! :))

    ReplyDelete