Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Top Ten Favourite Couples



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, check it out and join in on the fun!

This week's Top Ten:
Your Top Tep Favourite Couples

I always appreciate a bit of a struggle for the couple to get to that happy place. There's no need for bloodshed or anything, but a little difficulty can go a long way in my book. My boyfriend and me were sort of love at first sight, but it takes way more than that to build a relationship.

Also, I'm sorry about any spoilers, but some of my favourite couples can't make the list otherwise.

1. Me and Mr. Darcy: well, I can dream, can't I? ;)
Of course Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy made my number one! Pride and Prejudice is my all-time favourite book and I just love them as a couple, I think they're great together and would make beautiful babies.

2. Lyra and Will from His Dark Materials: I love them and I cried, that's all I'll say about this couple.

3. Emma and Mr. Knightley: my second favourite book by Jane Austen, I love the growth in their relationship and how Emma finally came to realise that all she ever could want had been waiting for her all along.

4. Katniss and Peeta from the Hunger Games: at first I was Team Gale, until I reread the first book and switched (sorry Gale) and am now a firm believer that Katniss and Peeta are meant to be together. He sees her for who she is and loves her, warts and all as they say.

5. Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara from Gone With the Wind: so dramatic and tragic! They are so perfect for each other and I won't accept the ending of Gone With the Wind! (though I love the book) I'm much happier with the one Alexandra Ripley wrote in her Scarlett.

6. Noah and Ally from The Notebook: how can you not love this couple who prove that love can really conquer all, even Alzheimer? Even if it's just for a little while.

7. Ron and Hermione from Harry Potter: I love how Hermione was not so patiently waiting for Ron to see what she already knew: that they would be perfect together! I know there were probably some people who hoped she would end up with Harry, but I never saw how that would be possible.

8. Alanna and George from Song of the Lioness: he's not trying to turn her into something she's not and has loved her for a long time. It just took her some time to realise he was perfect as well.

9. Gemma and Kartik from the Gemma Doyle series: I loved Kartik. And I cried. That's all I can say about this one.

10. Robin Hood and Marianne: I've idealised this couple since I was a kid, I see no reason to stop now ;) I love their story.

After checking everyone else's list out, I'll probably be like "why didn't I add those couples??", but that's half the fun right?
What are some of your favourite characters?

11 comments:

  1. Ahh Robin hood and Marianne, Great Choice I wish they were on my list lol. Noah and Ally that's a good one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin and Marion and Scarlett and Rhett are, respectively, number 11 and 12 of my list. It's funny, but annoying as I find Scarlett, I think the two together make a very memorable couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lizzie & Mr. Darcy. I'm pretty sure those 2 made everyone's list.

    I was glad Hermione & Ron got together. I admit I at first wanted her to end up with Harry but really she and Ron seem to work much better together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Lizzy and Darcy would make my number one too (and they've been on just about every list I've seen!) Nice to see a Tamora Pierce couple here, Alanna & George are great together and really balance each other out well.

    I do admit to being one of those Harry & Hermione supporters though :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot about Lyra and Will. Yes. Yes. Good one. I actually think I must not read much romance because I had to pull my hair out thinking of ten and now that I read others' list I think, "of course". Check out my lists (two for the price of one) at:
    Headfullofbooks
    -Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had Lizzie/Darcy & Emma/Knightley also! Love both of those couples! I also like Rhett & Scarlett but I felt they were a little tooooo tragic to put on my list! You've given me some couples to check out too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Katniss and Peeta! Although I was always a Peeta fan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/09/top-ten-tuesday-favorite-couples.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great List!

    Ron and Hermione are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice list. This was more difficult than I'd expected.

    Here's my list:
    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2010/09/top-ten-favorite-couples-in-literature.html

    ReplyDelete