Friday, August 6, 2010

Book Blogger Hop



The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy for Books. Hop on over and join in on the fun!

This week's question:
Do you listen to music when you read? If so, what are your favorite reading tunes?

I almost always listen to music while reading, but I also almost always have the radio on or listen to music on my computer. If the book is good, I won't remember what I've listened to, but some of my favourite cd's to turn on while reading are:
- Sara Bareilles - Little Voice (love her and have seen her perform, which was amazing!)
- Anything by Kane (a dutch band I love)
- Lifehouse - No Name Face
- The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - Fruit (have seen them perform too, so much fun)

And lately I've been playing Push Me To The Ground by Shane Shu, Pack Up by Eliza Doolittle and Half Of My Heart by John Mayer and Taylor Swift over and over agagin.

What do you listen to while reading? Or does it distract you too much? I can tune most anything out while reading.

12 comments:

  1. Interesting songs *nods* I prefer the quiet when I read at home, but usually listen to music if I'm in the bus or school.

    Happy Book Blog Hop

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for stopping by! Yeah, Uglies & ABBA's not the most obvious combination but weirdly enough some of the songs actually fit the book in a way. I haven't heard much by Sara Bareilles but I do like her song Between the Lines :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the hop! I'm just popping in to say hi and am now a new follower. I look forward to reading more of your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, just blog hopping through. Happy Friday!
    I listen to music mostly when I write, not when I’m reading. I listen to Celtic and Pirates of the Caribbean.
    Check out ketch1714.wordpress.com for Follow Friday and a featured movie clip.
    Best,
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Daisy!

    I'm also a book nerd. I tend to listen to soft/mellow music while I read, especially if my attention is drifting.

    I also can't wait for Mockingjay! In fact, I'm doing a Mockingjay giveaway at my blog. Check it out: www.booksinthespotlight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes a catchy popular song is easy to tune out and like you, I almost forget what I'm listening to. Others songs are easier to appreciate while reading. Check out my post for my favorite reading music!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, just stopping by from the hop. I like the look of your blog and I am your newest follower. Have a good weekend.
    bookbee
    http://thebookbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Book nerds FTW! Looking forward to reading more of your posts!
    PS College and chocolate go hand and hand. I went through many a bag of hershey's kisses when I would be up late in the art building. Thankfully, I had help, so it was all guilt-free :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am new to your blog from the Hop! When I read, I need quiet for the most part. I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came over from the hop and became a follower. I can't listen to music while I read because I get too distracted. I end up singing along and not paying attention to what I am reading. Have a great weekend.
    Marcie from To Read or Not To Read

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! I'm hopping by! I'm like the opposite for when I read. I like it nice and quiet... :)

    - Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daisy, Thanks for stopping by. To answer you question: I got my background from ShabbyBlogs.com. It's free. Have a great weekend!
    -Marcie from To Read or Not To Read

    ReplyDelete